Scott Brown raising money off Elizabeth Warren flap, Al Gore is dating, and George W. Bush is returning to the White House (for a portrait).
Make sure to sign up to get “Afternoon Fix ” in your e-mail inbox every day by 5 (ish) p.m!
EARLIER ON THE FIX:
WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED:
* Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) is raising money off Harvard Law Professor Elizabeth Warren’s struggle to answer questions about her Native American hertiage. “[V]oters have every reason to believe Professor Warren’s not telling them the truth,” campaign manager Jim Barnett writes. “With Senator Brown, what you see is what you get. … Will you help us deliver our truthful and commonsense message by contributing $20 or more today?”
* Mitt and Ann Romney have contributed $75,000 each to the Romney Victory Fund, which includes the campaign, the RNC, and state committees. First Read points out that that donation pales in comparison to the $35 million Romney donated to his campaign four years ago.
* Two years after separating from his wife, former vice president Al Gore
has a new girlfriend — Elizabeth Keadle, a Democratic donor from Southern California who works on environmental conservation efforts. Keadle and her ex-husband, biotech entrepreneur Lyle Turner, were early investors in what became Gore’s Current TV.
* A supporter of former state Sen. Dan Liljenquist is going on a hunger strike until Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) agrees to debate his primary challenger on television. Hatch has agreed only to a radio debate; his campaign manager said the strike “is not going to influence our position.”
WHAT YOU SHOULDN’T MISS:
* Former president George W. Bush and his wife Laura will be back at the White House later this month for the unveiling of their official portraits. The May 31 ceremony will
You can read the rest of this article at: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/scott-brown-raising-money-off-questions-over-elizabeth-warren-native-american-heritage/2012/05/18/gIQABaBJZU_blog.html