When it comes to style icons, real-life fashion figures like Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe and Brigitte Bardot get all of the credit. But what about our favorite cartoon characters?
Since these were some of the first images to be ingrained in our little style psyches, we decided to shine the spotlight on some very deserving ‘toons. See our list below and tell us if we missed any of your favorites!
1. Arnold from “Hey Arnold!”
That plaid shirt, those skinny pants and the semi-ironic baseball cap: Was he not the original hipster?
2. Quinn Morgendorffer from “Daria”
Quinn’s smiley face crop top was definitely one of the coolest garments in cartoon existence. She said it best herself: “I want to be a role model for all you people, even the ones who need makeup really badly.”
3. Pepper Ann from “Pepper Ann”
She certainly did march in her own parade, didn’t she?
4. Judith Anastasia “Judy” Funnie from “Doug”
Judy was like everyone’s older, angst-ridden sister… who was also a ’90s beatnik.
5. The Ashleys from “Recess”
Don’t even try to tell us you didn’t want to be one of The Ashleys.
6. Pippi Longstocking from “Pippi Longstocking”
Girl was way ahead of the curve with those thigh-high socks.
7. Angelica Pickles from “Rugrats”
She already loved playing with makeup (and eating cookies).
8. Jessica Rabbit from “Who Framed Roger Rabbit”
OK, who doesn’t want to look like her?
9. Sharon Spitz from “Braceface”
Cher Horowitz herself voiced the character. Need we say more?
10. The Powerpuff Girls from “The Powerpuff Girls”
Color-blocking and socks with Mary Janes? Nice.
11. Dora Marquez from “Dora The Explorer”
Thank you for pointing this one out to us, Man Repeller.
12. Wednesday Addams from “The Addams Family”
You can read the rest of this article at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/21/fashionable-cartoon-characters-photos_n_3313436.html